Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Long Live Life




Well, I love listening to Viva La Vida so much during my high school years. The song was very beautiful. The melody was very.... Umm... Ahh tulis bahasa Melayu la senang. Lagu ni mengingatkan aku banyak memori masa zaman sekolah dulu, sebab aku ngan kawan baik aku dengar lagu ni berulang kali. Tak jemu-jemu pun. Mungkin ramai yang rasa kontroversi sikit ngan lirik lagu dia. So meh aku bagi maksud lirik dia yang sebenarnya..



- I used to rule the world                              
  Seas would rise when I gave the word
  Now in the morning I sleep alone
  Sweep the streets I used to own

  Meaning : The narrator in this song is a former king, lamenting about how life was so much better when he was the sole ruler. Now, it seems that he's been demoted, and his life isn't the same anymore

- I used to roll the dice
  Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
  Listen as the crowd would sing
  "Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

  Meaning : He used to be in charge of everything and everybody, and would spark terror in the eyes of all against him. He became king after the once before him perished, so he was brought in happily.

- One minute I held the key
  Next the walls were closed on me
  And I discovered that my castles stand
  Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

  Meaning : From holding the key to the city to having nothing: you never know when your life will change suddenly. His life was built up metaphorically on fine substances, which crumbled beneath him unexpectedly.

- I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
  Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
  Be my mirror, my sword and shield
  My missionaries in a foreign field

 Meaning : The former king recalls when he was the sole ruler and overseeing the battles.
     Haa yang ni memang kontroversi sikit kan lirik dia.

- For some reason I can't explain
  Once you go there was never
  Never an honest word
  And that was when I ruled the world

 Meaning : Even though being king was everything, he does recall how everything wasn't what it seemed.

- It was the wicked and wild wind
  Blew down the doors to let me in
  Shattered windows and the sound of drums
  People couldn't believe what I'd become

Meaning : On the day he lost his crown, people broke into his castle and revolted because they didn't agree with him anymore.

- Revolutionaries wait
  For my head on a silver plate
  Just a puppet on a lonely string
  Oh who would ever want to be king?

Meaning : It hit him suddenly when his crown was revoked: who would ever want to be king? It looked so powerful from the outside, but on the inside, it was lonely and everyone was against him.

- For some reason I can't explain
  I know Saint Peter won't call my name
  Never an honest word
 But that was when I ruled the world

 Meaning : He doesn't think he will be forgiven for his sins.
  Haa yang ni pun kena hati-hati sikit ngan lirik dia.

Jadi secara keseluruhannya dia cerita pasal seorang raja yang dulunya berkuasa, disegani orang mula jatuh. Tapi memang.. melodi ni sedap je dengar.. Hmmmm :3




No comments:

Update

Dah 5 bulan aku bertapa kat surgical sejak metatarsal aku crack. MC lama, kena extend posting pun lama. Kerja kat wad surgical 4A harini, ke...